If you have an org-mode problem then you’ve probably got it installed twice. Here are two examples where I always get into trouble:
- I run from source, this is impossible
- It is possible because some package listed Org-Mode as a dependency
- I run only from the Org-Mode package
- It is possible because some other package listed Org-Mode as a dependency
- Sometimes a reference to org-plus-contrib can shake things up because it “works fine for a while… and then doesn’t”
The errors are usually cryptic, to the lazy like me, and not worth investigating because they are fake errors.
2 thoughts on “If You Have An Org-Mode Problem Then You've Probably Got It Installed Twice”
Spacemacs seems to impose order on the whole loading process.