Never knowing what is the right time for a path to present itself, I think I am back on the path to SML again. This time I got some more feedback and wanted to capture it here.
- ML for the Working Programmer. Skip it. A wonderful book. Excellent for advanced programmers.
- Programming in Standard ML. Definitive, once you are through, you are done. A wonderful book.
- The Little MLer. An introduction to the idea of typed programming not an introduction to SML
- Elements of ML Programming, ML97 Edition (2nd Edition).
- ML Primer. Good for beginners.
- Functional Programming Using Standard Ml. A good introduction to the language. Good for beginners.
- Abstract Data Types in Standard ML. Poorly written, but good code for intermediate programmers to read.
- Purely Functional Data Structures. Excellent for advanced programmers.
- Applicative High Order Programming: The Standard M.L.Perspective. Excellent for advanced programmers.
- Elements Of Functional Programming. Excellent for intermediate/advanced programmers.
- The Definition of Standard ML – Revised.
- Concurrent Programming in ML.
- ACM Workshop on ML. The proceedings.
- Programming With Standard Ml. Good for intermediate programmers.
We’ll see what is my cup of tea.
One thought on “One Path to SML”
Vicky Rettke liked this on Facebook.