This makes sense. No
Fn necessary. Emacs only.
- Combining learning with layout results in a lot of changes
- Great way to save a row
- Emacs users are already comfortable with chords
- Was interesting when smaller than tenkeyless; still good to get it down to 6 rows
- Why are the
Fkeys up so high?
- Is the layout by design or arbitrary?
- Can we make a rectangle with them flat?
- Can a tenkeyless still be a rectangle?
- The ANSI 104 layout is OK with resizing keys just to fit the shape
- Easy to in this layout, redundant
- C-M-s-H would be hard
- The ANSI 104 layout
- Is probably a good thing
- I use it and like it
- Make it a big rectangle
- How to make the case
- Easy to carry anywhere like a Dell keyboard
- Easily 3d printable
- Open design
- Can the system and navigation keys line up in a row on the right?
- This keyboard is for Emacs users
- That is the singular focus
- Forget about general acceptance and use
- It will be generally usable though
- Move Escape row down above numbers and move them all left
- Move Delete above backspace
- Logical location
- Ultra key
- Via, better than omega
- Control Meta Super Hyper
- Move below Meta, shift needs to be outside enter, more familiar
- Alt and Gui are better positioned, they are closer really
- Align PrtSc with delete
- Align cluster by frequency
- Pg Up, Pg Dn
- Home, End
- Insert, PrtSc
- Space bar can be 6 bars wide
- Unsure where to find smaller
- Main board keys on right (delete, super) can be smaller, make them all standardish
- Keep right side keys flush with left
- No, doesn’t look right
- Modifier board
- Fill to rectangle
- Make Emacs modifiers bigger, 1.5w
- Leave OS modifiers 1.25
- Fill to rectangle
- Made control a homing here
- There is a lot more space down there
- Can make sense of lactation given two big bars and edges
- Removed homing, unnecessary based on using a real heyboard
2 thoughts on “Emacs Keyboard Design 28: Simple Seven”
I’m looking for the “buy” button. A need a new space cadet keyboard is something this world needs.
Thank you for your interest!
My goal is to get this out in a form that maximizes quality and minimizes price. I will keep you posted.