The Emacs configuration for normal operations on my system has loads of useful and powerful packages loaded. Sometimes they interfere with the normal operation of org-html-export-to-*, though. The simplest way to address those issues is to generate two confirmation files: one for full-blown Emacs use and another just for doing exports. With literate programming in org-mode it is totally simple to do. It looks like this:
This stacktrace is simpler because I unloaded yasnippet. This will be a good
project for me to learn more about this environment because right now I’m
not sure how to address an issue like this beyond the standard, universal issue addressing techniques.
Wanting to learn literate programming in org-mode I figured that my Emacs configuration would be the simplest place to start. In that regard I was right, it just took a lot more work then I had expected, and that is OK. It was a non-trivial effort and I learned a lot. In my mind, the door is now wide open to utilize literate programming; the org-mode team has truly unleashed an amazing gift to the world and it may take the world some time to really understand and appreciate it.
My configs and document follow; the first one, C3F.html, is the human-readable document: C3F C3F.org Cask
org-mode style structural editing is available anywhere with the orgstruct-mode minor-mode running. org-reveal exports Org documents to Reveal.js org-protocol lets you use emacsclient as a sort of unlimited general purpose API vehicle.
When exporting to LaTeX, you may specify the table width as an attribute.
A Babel session may be “none” to prevent session creation.
Babel is about letting many different languages work together. Programming languages live in blocks inside natural language Org-mode documents. A piece of data may pass from a table to a Python code block, then maybe move on to an R code block, and finally end up embedded as a value in the middle of a paragraph or possibly pass through a gnuplot code block and end up as a plot embedded in the document.
My current approach is to use multiple languages, build scripts, intermediate files to share data, and finally weave it together inside of LaTeX. The babel way looks intriguing, with excellent support (via Emacs modes) for numerous languages. Very exciting.